SONY HVR-Z5E PROBLEMS

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I recently purchased an SONY HVR-Z5E Camcorder.

I find it suffers with patterning down or along edges in the picture, for example if a gold picture frame is within view you see like a pattern on the edges of the frame as the camera is moving slightly.

Anybody got any ideas how to stop this?

Participant

It could be due to a wide range of things. Can you post a short piece of original video (not YouTube or Vimeo) somwwhere for us to look at and advise. Thanks.

Mike

Participant

If you have a Gmail account, use Google drive (15 GB. of free storage).

https://drive.google.com

There's also Dropbox (2 GB. of free space). If you don't have an account, use the following link and we each get an additional 500 MB. of free space.

https://db.tt/rYE74u2

Mike

Participant

Hi

I have put the files on Google Drive

What info do you require for you to see the files?

I have put the original clip from a CF card and an example clip which was produced by CYBERLINK POWER DIRECTOR 12.

When I click on the original clip in Google drive  you can see it but with reduced effect, look at the gold Picture frame, then have a look at the example clip, this is how it looks by the time I burn it to a DVD.

I have not had this problem with my other Sony DCR-TRV950E camcorder using the same process.

Participant

You need to share the file/folder by right clicking it to get the link and then post the link(s) here.

Mike

Participant

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwR2VEku68mfdUtxbVZUeFZlQ2c/view?usp=sharing

I am having problems sending a link for a file taken off the CF card, when I click on share it's greyed out, no problem with a file produced by PD12 which is the link above.

If you require a longer file, just say.

Participant

I see what you mean about the patterning.  It's due to the fine detail in the frame that your camera can't resolve. I use Sony Vegas Pro and was able to greatly reduce it by applying a very light Gaussian blur effect (0.001 in the vertical direction) to the clip.

Mike

Participant

First, thanks  Mike for your help.

I will give that a go.

I also thought of applying a blur to it, I also so see it on Chrome door handle and many straight edges.

It's worse by the time I burn it to a DVD.

I am concerned by the fact I have never noticed it with my other camera.

It is also better if I capture in RAW DV rather than AVI  (SONY HVR-MRC1)

Is it a problem with the camera ???

Participant

Your old camera was a standard def camcorder while your new one is a high def model, correct?  If that's the case, your new camera is capturing approximately 6X mor einformation than your old one which is why you never saw these artifacts before. Such are the joys of HD πŸ™

I applied the blur effect to your clip and rendered it out to a new m2t file in Vegas. Unfortunately I can only do 60i and not 60p which is what your source video was.

I also rendered it out to an mpeg-2 file, the same kind that would be used to create a DVD.

Both files are located here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7mrRhyfDfARVHZHbUJfYzNPR0U&usp=sharing

Mike

Participant

Thanks allot Mike for all that info and your efforts with the two file you sent.

I think on the next capture I will put a slight defocus on the camera and see if that cures the problem.

Participant

Glad I could help RDFV. Good luck with your future projects.

Mike

Participant

Not sure where to post??

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap