SONY HVR-HD 1000

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a problem. I have a sony HVR-Hd 1000 and I tried to record Hdv video.. but the i link converter was squeeze. Now when I try to capture the video in to computer the tape doesnt show any thing even in camera.. what should I do. this is very inportant to me because is a wedding. and it was my first time recording on HDV.. Please Help

Participant

if you are lucky – it will be a problem with the camera  – try another camera  –  see if the problem is the tape or the player ( hope that the problem is the camera's ability to play the tape)

if there is nothing on the tape  – that is sad

you will have to try to find people who were at the wedding who shot either professionally or with the phones – still photos – whatever you can possible recover to try to salvage something

a proper wedding camera would have a 2nd memory writting a digital back-up  – or – a second /  third shooter – and continiously runnng 'security' cams –  you should never depend upon one camera   

hopefully    —  the tape has the event and you dodged a bullet   — but i'd return that camera and get one that has backup built-in  – as this one is not suitable – and if Sony markets it as a proper event camera – they mis-represented it  – sorry for the stress it caused – you are inexperienced –  but whoever sold it to you should have known better   —   and I even wonder if the reviews of the camera ever mentioned dual-data writting and instant review functions    

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap