Sony HDR-PJ790V vs Canon VIXIA HF G30

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am debating between these two similarly priced cameras. One thing I can't determine is if the Canon takes stills. It seems to have a short burst of a few frames Canon call something like still burst (?), but that isn't a still. The Canon seems to have a better lens with wider range, and dual memory cards. The Sony has a nifty little LED illuminator for a pinch. The Sony projector and night shot are of no use to me. The Canon just seems to have a bit better dynamic range probably due to a better sensor, but that is just a guess.  Any opinions.?

Hi hconant – even though the US specifications fail to list it, the Canon HF G30's UK specs list the still capture image size as 1980 x 1080.

If you want high resolution still images as well as high quality video, the better choice is the Sony PJ790V.

Besides which, the HF G30 won't be available until June, while the PJ790V is in-stock right now.

Hope that is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Thanks for the input.  I wouldn't mind waiting till June.  And i guess in order to get any real user reviews I will have to wait for the G30 to be out there and used for a little while. The PJ790 stills are actually much higher res than I need.  But I do like the idea of being able to do both with one device for my use.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap