Sony a7 or Sony a6300 for wedding video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I have recently started my wedding videography and I am looking to expand my gear. I need some professional advice from wedding cinematoghrapers or cinematographers who use DSLRs continuesly for +4 hours.
      I will be getting 2 new cameras, one to go on my came-tv single gimbal and the other one on fulltime tripod.
      my primary concern for gimbal DSLR is autofocus as I dont want to press the shutter button half way while recording.

I have 3 mirrorless DSLRs in mind for that purpose, Sony a6300 (Crop sensor), Sony a7 MK1 or Panasonic GH4, with a wide angle lens, I need to hear from professional people out there which one has better autofocusing and performs better in low light situations

For the second all time tripod DSLR I am tossing between Sony a7 Mk1 with Sony 18-105 F/4 lens or Sony a7s Mk1 with same lens again. I have read alot of reviews about both bodies but non really differentiate when it comes to video quality and ofcourse video autofocusing. So if you have used any of the bodies in that field, please share your thoughts/ concerns

Current equipment is own Canon 80D with 17-55 f/2.8 USM and 18-135 STM + 5D MkIII with 24-70 (borrowed from a friend)

k

Hey Ray,

My 2 cents here is that in videography you may want to reconsider the importance of autofocus. I use sony A7s cameras for weddings primarily with manual lenses. I have never found a need for autofocusing when filming motion pictures.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap