Single-frame video

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi everyone,
      I'm new to editing softwares and I would appreciate any help from you guys.

Here it's my problem:
      I've been trying to display a restaurant menu on a LG TV, but the TV doesn't hold a still jpg on the image mode for more than a few minutes.
      So the solution that I came up with was to create a video that shows the same frame for about 6 hours. All tries that I did so far have resulted in huge files since the initial jpg is in high resolution. Is there any way that I can create a video displaying the same frame over and over again for 6 hours without ending up with a 5Gb file?
      Thanks again!

Participant

View in tv slides settings how to have your jpg play longer.

Participant

Make a DVD from the still frame. You only need a minute or so of the still and then loop the DVD for continuous playback.

Mike

Is display " burn in " a potential problem here?

Rick Crampton

Participant

Plasma monitors will burn in fairly quickly.

LCD monitors are not as susceptible but will still suffer from it eventually.

Not sure aboutr LED monitors.

Mike

Participant

You will see burn-in in just a few days of continuous video – especially on a consumer LCD monitor.  But if it's a static image, you can compress the heck out of it and you won't see much video degradation.

But that is not the way I woud display a static image such as a menu.  You should be looking at a solid-state media player that is designed for Digital Signage, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/UEBO-M50-1080P-HD-Media-Player-BT-NAS-MKV-VC1-TS-VC1HDMI-RMVB-TS-VOB-MPG-AVI-/321022095698#vi-content

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap