Can anyone tell me what I need to buy to be able to create a miniature version of a global Live Broadcast with two televisions receiving this broadcast?
In this setup, I want to reproduce a global News Broadcast that’s made by, say, CNN in Atlanta, USA. Furthermore, I want two televisions to watch this broadcast. This could be a household in London and a household in Berlin.
So far, I reckon I need the following:
- One camera (representing the camera that's being used to record the News Broadcast)
- Two televisions
What do I further need to buy to be able to realize this setup? I will here describe my knowledge of Live Broadcasting on the sender and receiver side of the broadcast. Perhaps you can help me identify the rest I need to buy:
- THE SENDER OF THE LIVE BROADCAST:
It is my understanding that Live Broadcasting works with a Prism System and a Charged Coupled Device (CDD), which “catches” the colours that are seen through the camera lens. The prism system and CDD are inside the camera. An encoder makes a combined signal or a code of the three colours (red, green, blue), which is then send into a transmitter. The Transmitter then sends the combined signal then produces a television signal with both video and audio signals that are broadcast through an antenna.
- THE RECEIVER OF THE LIVE BROADCAST:
Now that the signal is sent to global markets, my knowledge gets a little limited. I imagine that the two countries that receive this signal, i.e. England and Germany, have a national antenna through which a tuner decodes the television signal. I imagine that the television signal is then further send through digital TV cabels in the ground. Households receive this television signal through the digital TV cable that is connected to their house.
Now, I further imagine I need to buy the following, although I am not sure where you would typically be able to buy these items:
- An encoder (is the encoder inside or outside the camera?)
- A transmitter (is the transmitter inside or outside the camera?)
- An antenna (to send the television signal)
- Two antennas (to receive the television signal two different locations, i.e. England and Germany).
- Some kind of device that sends the received television signal from Atlanta to digital TV customers to households in England and Germany.
If you have any comments/suggestions/ideas to create this miniature Live Broadcast setup, please write. I am all ears J