Screen size ratios

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi all,
      I’ve just joined the site. I’m using macromedia fireworks and hotshot video editing software. I’m creating an animation to introduce my videos, and would like them to not have the black either side of the video. So I’m guessing that either I’m not setting the pixel size correctly to begin with, or I’m not exporting it as the ratio I want. Or I need to set the pixel size to start off with. It may be none of the above, but any assistance would be appreciated.
      Bill

Hi Mr. Blue-Sky,
      It sounds like you are using a 4:3 aspect ratio, and then outputting to a 16:9, or widescreen, aspect ratio. But it also depends on the footage you’re bringing in. What is the aspect ratio on the footage that you’re bringing into your editing software?

Hi, thanks for answering.
      I discovered how & why. I’ve not used any video/photo/graphic software for a while, and was rusty! All’s OK now though. Yes, choosing aspect ratio, pixel count & frame size, etc. will certainly help. I’m using macromedia fireworks, photoshop, and hotshot. Believe it or not, I’ve been using the first 2 for over 15 years. But since moving over to hd, digital cameras, etc. I’ve only just started to use them again, after a break of about 5 years. Thanks for your advice though.
      Bill

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap