Save $Hundred$ on Matrox MXO2 Mini HD Capture & H.264 Max Accelerator! – $475

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Classifieds Save $Hundred$ on Matrox MXO2 Mini HD Capture & H.264 Max Accelerator! – $475

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have owned a Matrox MXO2 Mini with Max (H.264 Hardware Accelerator) for over 1 year and it has saved me ridiculous amounts of time that would have been spent waiting my my Mac Book Pro to finish exporting H.264 files for clients, either to You Tube, Vimeo, Business Websites and a variety of Video Hosting sites that allow for very high quality uploads of 2-3 GB (Then they render 6 different versions at various sizes and data rates so they can stream the optimal version for whoever is accessing that video). Depending on the size, Quality and data rate, I found that this unit renders anywhere from twice as fast to 10 times as fast as my Mac Book Pro can render using Compressor. Average seems to be 3-5 times faster, so instead of taking days to render something, it only takes hours which gives me so much extra time to fine tune the video more, and give room to make mistakes! Before, if you noticed an edit problem after rendering, you had to seriously consider if it were even worth it because of how long a second rendering would take. With the Matrox Mxo 2 with Max unit, you don’t even think about that… you just hit render again and go get lunch and chances are it will be finished before you finish your last bite. This unit is also great for capturing and playing back 720p and 1080i/p content, just make sure your drive is fast enough to keep up depending on which codec you use to capture it. Occasionally, it has acted finicky, but the most recent software updates seemed to have smoothed out most of those occasional hick-ups. I can’t confirm how well this unit performs on a Windows machine, since I only use Mac with Final Cut Pro, and I know that it is now compatible with Final Cut Pro X, and Premiere. So if you are in either of those camps then you will be happy with this unit. This unit works perfect. The exterior case of the MXO2 mini is a little scuffed up, but has no dents or major scratches.

Please e-mail beyondvision@gmail.com or txt 415-640-9541
      – Alex

The MXO2 Mini Max for Laptops from Matrox is a device that combines the functionality of an HDMI & Analog I/O card in the form factor of a miniature breakout box. It will capture, convert, and play multiple video formats. This model features an adapter that is specifically designed for use with laptops, although a separate MXO2 PCI-E Host Card Adapter can be used to make the unit compatible with desktops. This model additionally features Matrox MAX technology for faster than real-time H.264 encoding.

The Mini Max’s small footprint makes it easy to transport. It is compatible with both Mac and PC systems, as well as most industry-standard applications, such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Photoshop, among others. Moreover, its color-calibration tool can be used to turn your HDMI monitor into a professional-grade video monitor.

Note! Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 support for Mac OSX to be available in early November 2010.

• This model is designed for use with laptops

• This model features Matrox MAX technology for faster than real-time H.264 encoding

• This device works with Mac and PC platforms

• It features a small footprint and is easy to connect to cameras and monitors

• Capture and play back high-definition video in multiple formats

• Turn your HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color-calibration tools, including blue-only

• A 10-bit hardware, scaling engine allows for real-time up-scaling, down-scaling, and cross-conversion on capture and playback

• This unit supports 5.1 and 7.1 surround-sound monitoring on the HDMI output

• Edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format

• It is compatible with your applications such Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Adobe Photoshop, among others

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap