Russian New Years Play

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Russian New Years Play

Participant

Nicely done gkonyev, but I think you need to get another camera, leave one on the wide shoot covwering the whole stage, use the other for tight shoots of the speakers and follow any tight action . Also, when you do the tight shoot lower the camera so the actor/kid fills the frame with

1/6 of all the space open above the head, this is called head space. I'd write more but i have to get ready to go shoot an activity at my church, maybe I'll post it here or at least give it a link. keep up doing these video, I enjoyed this one even though I dont speak russian.

Participant

Thanks for the reply! Honestly, this was considered last minute recording. I wish I wouldve had my new Canon Camcorder come beforehand to have two cameras going, but hey, lifes not always the way we want it to be. Considering this was reocreded jut for it to be as a recording for people who want to see it, quickly, or see their child in it, I didn't go for the extreme. This was done on a non video tripod, you can see easily, with a Canon 60D with the onboard mic, I eidited out the hum, for the most part. For the Graduation of this school for 2013, it will be done DVD quality! 

Participant

As mentioned, it would have been nice to have a more close up view of the dancing on stage.  But it's a lovely video.  I'm sure you will pick up more video production techniques with practice.  Best of luck.

welcome

Participant

Nicely done. I really like the opening credits. I won't repeat what others have said. A good tripod with a bowl makes it really easy to level your shots. The lines of the stage give away the tilt of the camera. Don't rely on bubble levels, use your eye and the camera guide (if you have any). 

Participant

???????. ???????? ??????? ? ??? ?????????, ??????? ?????? ?????-????? ???.

Participant

Спасибо. Вспомнил детство и все утренники, которые снимал много-много лет.

Participant

Hey thanks man. I did this honestly without a fluid head, which was already crooked. Funny, how in the next two weeks spent about 2 grand on a new cam, mics, and tripod, which IS level now =) 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap