Rode Videomic vs Rode NTG1 vs AT AT875

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Rode Videomic vs Rode NTG1 vs AT AT875

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everybody

(sorry for my English)

I’m looking for a microphone to be camera mounted but with enough quality to be used as a boom sometimes. To make dialogue (mainly ext) and ambiance sound when on camera.
      Having in mind the price of the videomic I will normally go for it. The problem is that I hadn’t have a good experience with it, but I assume I haven’t done the correct tests. Having this in mind, I see the videomic kinda overpriced, even though I’ve searched for a used unit…
      As I don’t LOVE the videomic the tendency would be to go for the ntg1, but as I’ve read somewhere they were the actual same capsules in different mounts… Hum…

Does rode really worth it?
      And what about the ntg1 for almost  the same price of videomic pro? What are the real differences between them (except the mount)?

And, at the end, I would like to know if anyone here have tried the Behringer B5 for video setups (now you can call me crazy). Cheap, condenser, and two capsules: one of them omni that probably will work fine as boom mic in interiors… AND: I’ve had some surprises with Behringer mics, true!

Regards,
      Fred

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap