ripped of by a distributor on my indy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I made a great film and made the mistake of signing with a firm that seems to have 100s of indy low budgets in distribution, including complilations. my film went worldwide with them signing it to TV cable deals, evry platform, DVD sales in all venues. The last deal they struck was in AAsia Russia after I demanded back my rights six months earlier for non payment. I got 225-$ total when I know any deals signed anywheree include thousands per territory upfront. I GOT ROBBED! They made thousands off my naivety. please be careful if u sign any deals! this firm has many names. I contacted the state attorney general and consumer affairs intheir state. the dude had to hire a lawyer and I hope it cost him money! but none the less I was ROBBED!

Participant

What's the full name of the company and/or individual who ripped you off ?

Participant

Do tell. Name and Shame them!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Videomaker’s 2020 holiday gift guide

When it comes to holiday gifting for people who are deeply involved in a niche or hobby, it's challenging to decide which ideas are worthwhile. If the hobby has become an actual gig that they invest in, it can be daunting. This is true with videographers as much as anything, but we're here to help. You might want to find a gift that is exactly what they need to round out their gear, or something a little more fun. Either way, we've got you covered.
homicide-bootstrap