Replacement for Sony Handycam DCR-VX2100

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I record videos for my company.  They can vary in nature, but are mainly seminar/workshop type of deals.  I currently use a Sony Handycam DCR-VX2100 mounted on a tripod and recording to an external HD.  I need to replace this with a newer model.  For the most part, I am happy with the features.  I would like the new camera to have more inputs and outputs.  Is there also a camera that would be capable of record to card/HD or other while simultaneously streaming? If so, that would be ideal.  Any camera recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi sheardln – yes, it's probably time to upgrade to HD πŸ™‚ The good news is, it will probably cost you less than you originally paid for the VX2100. For corporate, I recommend the brand new $1200 Panasonic AG-AC8.  It records to two internal SD cards and/or an external HD.  If you want to stream, add a $699 Teradek VidiU Camera-Top HDMI H.264 Encoder and you'll be in business.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Wonderful!  I will look into those.  I like the idea of getting into at least the present time with HD recording with an added bonus of it being less expensive.  Also, looking forward to being able to try and learn new tricks!

Thanks brunerww!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap