Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Rendering Speeds
- November 17, 2016 at 6:25 PM #91632verygenericMember
I recently started rendering and editing my videos and I was wondering what kind of times are good. Currently it takes about a minute of rendering for every minute the video is.
- November 18, 2016 at 8:33 PM #214852Space RacerParticipant
It’s extremely variable, but 1:1 is not bad in my experience.
- November 20, 2016 at 3:04 PM #214859Steve KMember
I suppose it really depends on what quality you are rendering. If you are rendering some 4K footage, as I have recently completed four hours of video work to be burnt onto Blu-ray, then the time rendering on my Pinnacle Studio 19.5 Ultimate, took approx 4 minutes per minute of footage. Your computer spec is obviously important to rendering speeds also. I am also an enthusiastic amateur on a steep learning curve. The results are worth it though.
- November 21, 2016 at 12:06 PM #214861Space RacerParticipant
And one other thing to add if you are thinking about chasing faster performance: newer editing programs use different parts of your computer to render video you might want to check whether your program relies more on the graphics chip for the CPU.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.