Rendering Speeds

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I recently started rendering and editing my videos and I was wondering what kind of times are good. Currently it takes about a minute of rendering for every minute the video is.

Participant

It’s extremely variable, but 1:1 is not bad in my experience.

I suppose it really depends on what quality you are rendering. If you are rendering some 4K footage, as I have recently completed four hours of video work to be burnt onto Blu-ray, then the time rendering on my Pinnacle Studio 19.5 Ultimate, took approx 4 minutes per minute of footage. Your computer spec is obviously important to rendering speeds also. I am also an enthusiastic amateur on a steep learning curve. The results are worth it though.

Participant

And one other thing to add if you are thinking about chasing faster performance: newer editing programs use different parts of your computer to render video you might want to check whether your program relies more on the graphics chip for the CPU.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap