Rendering Speeds

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      verygeneric

I recently started rendering and editing my videos and I was wondering what kind of times are good. Currently it takes about a minute of rendering for every minute the video is.

Space Racer
      Participant

It’s extremely variable, but 1:1 is not bad in my experience.

Steve K

I suppose it really depends on what quality you are rendering. If you are rendering some 4K footage, as I have recently completed four hours of video work to be burnt onto Blu-ray, then the time rendering on my Pinnacle Studio 19.5 Ultimate, took approx 4 minutes per minute of footage. Your computer spec is obviously important to rendering speeds also. I am also an enthusiastic amateur on a steep learning curve. The results are worth it though.

Space Racer
      Participant

And one other thing to add if you are thinking about chasing faster performance: newer editing programs use different parts of your computer to render video you might want to check whether your program relies more on the graphics chip for the CPU.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN