Remotely Interested

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi everyone…

This looks like a good place to be…I wonder if you can help my wife and I with a little problem.

We both use Canon Powershot SX60 cameras…and we both shoot more video that stills…..we do this because we find the image quality is so much better than from the kind of camcorders we can afford (better lens I guess), but there is one thing more we would like to be able to do.

I read that the SX60 can be wirelessly controlled from a mobile phone…zoom, focus, record etc but, because we are old fogies, we don't have smart-phones and all that stuff so I wondered if there is any nifty little gadget on the market we could use to control our cameras from a relatively short distance.

For example…we like to film macro close-ups of small, low flowers like Wild Orchids, and old bones don't bend well enough to stoop down with the camera at ground level and operate the required functions…so, with a remote control, we could stand upright, with the viewing screen tilted upwards and control the camera operations in comfort.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be delighted to hear them.

Thank you

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN