Red Scarlet Aerial Video

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Heliman
      Participant

Please let me know what you think!

chuckzootz
      Participant

This looks like it was shoot using  a boom and wide lens except for the street driving sceens and they could have been shot from a hill or tall building, especially since the wasn't any apparent camera movement. but after reading your tags using an RC Heli makes the views more interesting

Sadly the footage doesn't show the full qaulity of the red cam, but the video looks good

Heliman
      Participant

Thanks for the comments. I don't know how you could get the bridge shot with a boom being it was 200 feet above the river, above and beside the bridge! Flying over the trees would be kind of a trick also. 

I haven't quite figured out how to get the footage to look good after Youtube compresses it. Maybe I need to upload a H.264 in 4K.

Jason
      Participant

Who cares about what YouTube does during processing, it's awesome footage!  That is awesome you can get such unique angles with absolute freedom.

Cartouche
      Participant

Love your shots Heliman.  Did you use any type of stabilizer or smooth cam in post ?  what frame rate dd you use?  Do you know if I can find that kind of service (rc) in Manhattan?  Is it allowed or not allowed in some dense areas?  Thanks.

Heliman
      Participant

Thanks Cartouche,

This footage did get a very small amount of warp in CS6 to get rid of all the residual little bumps and wiggles. For TV work, most of our footage gets used without post stabilization but for the big screen it needs to be as flawless as possible. We have a new super heavy lift rig that requires absolutely no post stabilization. This was shot at 30 frames and will be finished in 24 for the final production.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN