Recording Video onto a hard drive from dslr

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Recording Video onto a hard drive from dslr

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi guys,

Looking to record long events (ice hockey games) using my Canon 600d DSLR (i know, not ideal, but as of now, I can't afford anything else), but don't know how to record the footage onto a hard drive rather than numerous SD cards to garuntee that recording isnt going to stop as the card is full. Is there a way to my 600d upto my macbook pro and record it through that?

Thanks in advance.

With that camera, there really isn't a good way to record to an external device. 

Look at the Atamos  products (atamos Ninja-2 )

the Atomos would connect to the Canon via the HDMI connection

http://www.atomos.com/downloads/ninja2/media/Atomos-NINJA2-PDS-Web-0513.pdf

Yes, if the camera has a clean HDMI out. I see that this camera has an HDMI port, but is it clean?

that is true!, if its not a clean HDMI port the only option is to hack the firmware to something like the magic lantern…

Participant

Not sure if this will matter or not, but I was recording a friend's wedding with a canon 2ti a year or so ago and the unit started overheating once I had been recording for an extended period of time.  Not sure if that will happen on your device, but thought it might be of interest.  If it is for a paying/important gig, you may want to test out an extended recording session just to make sure it won't overheat when it matters.

Sure, but how would you connect the camera to it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap