re: Looking for authoring software Win/Mac to play videos

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Specialty Topics Educational Video re: Looking for authoring software Win/Mac to play videos

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

re: Looking for authoring software Win/Mac to play videos

I have a collection of videos (music lessons) as .m4v files, and want to sell them as a product for Windows and Mac. If I wanted to make a DVD for a DVD player instead, I know there are DVD authoring programs that would allow me to make something nice with graphics and menus etc.

So I’m looking for the same thing for Windows and Mac. Something that would be configurable and let me add my 50 or so videos, and then create a menu and contents to play them … like DVD authoring …. but for Windows and Mac instead.

Does anyone have suggestions… I’m open to any option.

Most computers have optical drives and the ability to play DVDs, but those are rapidly going the way of the dinosaurs. My first impression would be to create a website. This way anyone can watch on many devices; Mac, Windows, iOS, Android. Then just sell subscriptions for access to the material. I may be mistaken, but you may also be able build it as a stand-alone application based on a web language like HTML, that you could send out on discs, thumb drives, or downloads. You’ll need to speak with someone more fluent than I as it’s been a long time since I’ve done application development. (back in the Adobe Director/Flash days). But I really like the idea of it being a web-based environment, so people can log in at work, then at home, then at the beach house, etc. Nothing to lose but their log-on and password, which can be built into the whole site.

Good luck!
      Chris Sebes
      http://www.MediaMixStudios.com

Participant

Over the last few years, technology has evolved in a big way and digital gadgets have taken over. Old school wired gadgets get replaced by new style wireless gadgets and one of the biggest tech audio company is not backing down.

sony bluetooth speaker

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap