Raising money for project

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I'm looking for help raising money at indiegogo.com for a project called "Sorrow Vale". It seems to have stalled, instead of gaining momentum. Any advice or help would be deeply appreciated.

As far as I can tell, the footage for the pitch is good. At the advice of an earlier issue, I draped a sheet across the open room to dampen echoes, and placed the mic on the coffee table, off screen. I used the existing over head light for ambient fill with 2 small portrait lights on both sides to kill the shadow from the hat.

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

I've found that crowdsourcing a non-documentary film can be very difficult (documentaries often have a cause people can rally around, where fictional narratives don't).

My advice is to shoot a scene or part of a scene and post it as a teaser to not only show how interesting your story will be, but also show that you have the chops to show it off.

Of course, beyond that, it helps to have friends and family donate to give it some juice. Think about the tip jar at the local coffee shop. There's always a few bucks in there, and the more that's in the jar, the more you feel guilty about not throwing in.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much. Every bit of advice or point in the right direction helps. I guess I should have made it clearer or more obvious to the general public that it's about the inherent problems with racism and severe social and religious points of view occupying the same region.  i.e. Syria, the Middle East, and such. It is told as fantasy so as to not step on any toes.

I'm not sure what you're getting at in the previous comment.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap