Question about Diamond One Touch

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Angel keeper

I’m in the process of converting my old VHS tapes from the 80s and 90s to DVDs with the Diamond One Touch hardware. I’m not that computer literate but I did figure out how to do it and burned my first DVD today. The quality if fine when I play it on my computer but when I put it in my DVD player the quality if pretty bad. Is there any way to make the quality better? I called Diamond technical support and they said that there isn’t really anything that I can do unless the DVD recorder has a way to lower the resolution. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

rs170a
      Participant

VHS tape was never that good to begin with but a decent capture card should give you a quality equal to what you’re used to seeing off of the original tape.
      If you’re not seeing that, the only good capture device that I can recommend is the Canopus (now Grass Valley) ADVC 300. Unfortunately this device has been discontinued by the manufacturer but is available on sites such as Ebay. Good luck.

Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.