Proper term for this kind of graphics scaling/zoom?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #90853

      I’ve been doing this kind of zoom out/scaling with graphic elements on different projects, but now I need to communicate it via written instructions and I realized I’ve never known if there was an actual term for it or not (yep, total amateur here).

      Basically, it’s starting with a graphic element blown up too large to fit on the screen, and then scaling it down to “snap” into place at the right size and position on the screen, as with this Harry Potter title at about 00:05:

      It’s a very specific kind of scaling (from too huge to be seen to just the right size), and it’s not quite a zoom out (I guess technically you’re zooming out, but the graphic starts out *behind* the viewer’s POV). What is this called, exactly?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best desktop computers for video editing — 2021

An efficient editing workflow depends on a solid editing system. Here's a look at the best desktop computers for video editing.