Project Settings

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      farcoimin1

I am looking to put together a documentary using mainly vintage film footage and vintage photos. I have already had the film footage transferred to digital. What I would like to know is what project settings would work best for the finished product to be shown in a theater? Since the footage ranges from Super 8mm to 8 mm to 16 mm I’m not going to worry too much about the aspect ratio. Or should I? I’ll leave it there and wait to hear from the experts.

rs170a
      Participant

Unfortunately there is no one single standard. It all depends on what the theatre is using for playback equipment. Some may be as simple as a DVD player, others may use a Blu-ray player and others may use a dedicated ($$$) projector.

Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN