Professionnal steadycam

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      P-AP

Hi.

I'm planning to buy a solid steadycam for my Canon XF-300. My price range is from 2000-3000, with all the kit (the monitor, the stand, etc…).

Someone has a suggestion?

I've checked the Flycam 7500 ( http://www.flycamdslr.com/hdvs/flycam-7500-carbon-fiber-stabilizer-with-steadycam-arm-vest-supporting-cameras-upto-1-15kgs-2lbs-33lbs.html )

And maybe the Came pro ( http://www.came-tv.com/came-2515kg-load-pro-camera-steadicam-video-carbon-stabilizers-p-88.html

But I can't find a review. The Came pro seems more solid, and I've read some bad review about Flycam 5000. The 7500 seems better but I want to be sure. 

Does someone have tried one of these product or heard someone who has done it?

I know that I can't afford a true Steadicam pro but my goal is to have the best in terms of quality/price.

Thank you,

Pierre-A. Pelletier

Harlin
      Participant

I had a 2500.00 steady cam a few years back, I screwed with it for months to get it right and then found out that everytime I cahnged cams I would have to do the whole thing over again…I finally sold it for 1000.00 and never shot more than 1 minute of footage. Just an idea to toss around in your head. By the way I do mostly weddings and with the new sony steady shot its way easier anf looks alomost as good. good luck.

Harry

StevenR
      Participant

what about glidecam? i have a hd2000 with my xa20 and its amazing. took forever to properly balance but when it was its amazing. or you can look at Zacuto rigs. those are in your price range and the new recoil shoulder rig looks like a beast! im thinking of getting one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN