Problem converting 50 p to 25 p

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I'm using PC version of Premier Elements 10 for editing and I'm having difficulty figuring out how to:

1. Convert 50 p to 25 p ( accepted by agency)
      2. export edited clips to the required .mov format ( required by agency )

Any help would be most appreciated.

( I should also add I am using the Panasonic X – 920 shooting AVCHD files. )

Participant

I should also add I am using the Panasonic X – 920 shooting AVCHD files.

Participant

Hi vagabond,

I just took a look at this issue with my version of Premiere Elements 11. I'll start by saying that I was using an NTSC codec and have Premiere Pro installed on my machine (along with all of the codecs that get installed along with it). With that in mind, I was able to do what you're wanting to by going to the "Publish and Share" drop down menu and selecting "Computer". From there, I was able to scroll down on the presets list to QuickTime (which is another way to say .mov). Within the QuickTime preset I went straight to the "Advanced" button below the "Save In" dialog box and clicked on it. This brings up a number of options that will allow us to get you the best video quality along with the frame rate that you would like to use. Within the "Export Settings" window that pops up, click on the "Preset" drop down menu and choose a setting that is appropriate for the size of your original video clip. 

The next step is the most important. Scroll down to the "Video" tab at the bottom of the "Export Settings" window. You'll find a "Quality" slider. Crank that slider to 100 for best rendering results. Next, scroll down even further in the "Video" tab until you see "Frame Rate". Select 25. If there is no drop down box where the "Frame Rate" field is, the preset you have chose isn't then allowing you to change this parameter. To fix this change your preset to something similar to what you've already chosen. Lastly, hit the check box next to "Render at Maximum Depth" to get the best color quality in your video. 

Hopefully that helps! I'm not sure if Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and 11 are similar enough for my step-by-step guide to work perfectly, but I hope you get the idea regardless. Have fun editing!

Dan

Participant

No problem man. I hope the suggestions work for you!

Dan

Participant

Hi Daniel, thanks for your time and effort.

Fortunately, your response is very detailed. I need that as I'm a bit of a newbie with these AVCHD files.

I won't be back on the computer I use for editing until next week but I'll report back then and tell you how it works out..

Thanks again, much appreciated.

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
    homicide-bootstrap