Pro or consumer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am going to make a music video in my bedroom and some shots outside. With a 80s video looks to it. What would you recomend buying?

I have a samsung h204 camera now which is ok,but I wanted to ask you guys.

I will be adding a 80s vhs look to the video so it shouldn`t matter.

Participant

A guy at the store said a canon xf 100 would be a good choice.3000dollars max

Participant

I think one could pull off an "80's" look with the camera you have.

Participant

Me too. It was kind of a dumb question,but I was just wondering what to do because the zoom sometimes goes out.

Plus I might want to do some more videos later on this year- That will not be 80s vhs look.Plus I can have lights on it.

Any camera can give you an 80s look with post-processing. That said, there are much better ways to spend $3000 these days than on the XF100.

If you want a pro camcorder with a shoulder mount, XLR inputs, a large sensor for shallow depth of field and interchangeable lenses, the Sony NEX-EA50 is on sale for $2725 at Adorama (after $600 mail in rebate).  Here is what this camera can do:

If you want to step up to RAW video, the 2.5K resolution Blackmagic Cinema Camera is $1995 body only.  Here is what this camera can do:

Hope this is helpful, and good luck with your project!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap