Potential Project – Looking for a Crew

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Employment Potential Project – Looking for a Crew

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have it in my head to produce a weekly tv show next year.  It would have a web based distribution model (youtube trailer with links to a site where content was behind a paywall).  The show would cover weekly NHRA sanctioned drag races at a local track in New Jersey.

This is a "blue-sky" example of what I imagine a finished format would look like (this is not my video, but an EXAMPLE):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmfthqeOw3U&list=WL&index=2

In my mind, there is (1) a camera with a shotgun mic on a tripod at mid track shooting end to end, (2) a DSLR camera on a tripod at the finish line taking stills (potentially on a motion sensor/trigger = unmanned), (3) a hand held shooting burnouts, starting line launches, and interviews in the pits.

I started out thinking I would do this myself.  I am quickly realizing that I don't have the first clue how to do this efficiently and effectively.  There are a lot of unique challenges to shooting these events (noise, sound, lighting) and I'm sure there's a long list of things i haven't thought of, as I have almost no experience.

Any thoughts?

Shoot one episode and see if anyone watches it first.  Would folks pay to see this or would having advertisers pay to show it for free?  It looks like you want potential viewers to pay for the show.  The link you posted to the SantaPod raceway was free as well as there were few ads in it and surely not eouh to pay for the production costs.

Who paid for the show there?

-Erik

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap