Please watch & critique :)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there! If some of you could please watch and give me some feedback, that'd be great. This was my first wedding.

Nenny015, it looks like you put quite a bit of work into this video. I trust Mitch & Maggie were very pleased. Technicly, the shots, editing and transitions looked good. You also handled the lighting well. It would have been nice to get better sound particularly at the end as Mitch talks about Maggie. I could not understand it.  The background music was pleasant, maybe it could have been softened a bit more in places. Wedding video styling is always tricky. You are really there to please the couple and their families unless you are just shooting for yourself. As you develop your style, I suggest you assemble samples of different scenes as you discuss the style with the couple to make shure the style is what the couple wants. The speeded up and slowed down scenes are examples of things that everyone may not want. As with many who post videos here for feedback, it would be helpful to know what specificly you are looking for. Hard to give specific advice without knowing your objective. I hope you have many more weddings. 

Participant

Hi Nenny015,

This is SDE Weddings and we film a lot of weddings here in Toronto.

This is our website: http://sdeweddings.com

And this is our feed back.

First of all, by no ways are we the best in the industry. We only been filming weddings for about 4 years. There are many people who are a lot better than us. So please take our advice as just our opinion.

Video – Thumbnail 

-from a marketing presentation, you can pick a better video thmbnail for your vimeo video. 

Framing – 0:29

is okay to have artistic framing, however, for exterior & establishing shots, I would usually try to have a straight framing & not slanted. (just our style, doesn;t mean is necessarily right)

Video Quality

-we notice a lot of video noise in your wedding video

-camera gears & lenses are expensive. when you get a chance I would invest in better gears just to produce better image quality

(footage in reception is really noisy)

-low light is one of the biggest issue we face. 

Using Sliders

-one of the most tool when we film weddings in Toronto is that we use sliders.

-there are some cheap sliders starting at around $150 on B&H

Camera Stablization

-I felt most of the shots you done were done handhelf? 

-I would invest in a decent monopod or tripod

Sound

-I would get a rode mic to attach to your DSLR

-invest in H4N or H1N to record sounds externally

Great Feedback SDE Weddings, these are key items for all types of projects.

Participant

Nenny, hello.  I am fairly new to posting on this site as you can see.  i believe this is my first forum post, but I wanted to give you some feedback as well.  I have been shooting wedding films for about 5 years now.  I am with trotter videography and we also have a unique style of presenting wedding movies.

I love the style you have shown here.  Not cliche but artistic.  Keep this flow and build on it.  it is refreshing to see.

One thing we as wedding videgraphers have to contend with is lighting.  During the reception, do not hesitate to use camera lighting. Otherwise your video will look grainy and noisy.  Just try not to blind the guests.  Use supressors, but you must use light in these situations.  

Your shot transitions were ok but your shot ordering at 6:08 threw me off.  You began with a shot of the bride talking to what appears to be a groomsmen, then you excuted a "straight cut" to what appeared to be a bridesmaid or a woman in a dark dress posing, then you cut back to the bride again.  I would have loved to see more of the bride since the day is really about her.

Also as SDE mentioned above audio is one of thee most important pieces in a video.  Beginning at 7:26 it appears to be the brides fsther talking about her.  The audio fell apoart here and is very difficut to understand.  If you have the proper equipment, you can determine prior to the wedding which mics will be used for toasts, comments, etc.. and work with the DJ to have a direct mic feed going into something like a ZOOM H6N (which is what I use).  This way you would have a recording of pure, clean, crisp audio that you can take back to the studio and sync in post.

All in all, not bad for your first video.  Like I said keep up the style.  I love it.  Good luck out there!!

Maceo Trotter

Trotter Videography

http://www.trottervideo.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap