Please Help with Recording Service

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      joeGross

My pastor just came to me and want me to start passing out dvds.I am not sure if i have everything I need.Let me describe my setup I have 

Canon gl2

Nec Projector

Sony 1040 Scan converter

Se 500 Video switcher and a windows laptop.How  do I recording service out of the switcher and be able do edit it with a menu on my dvd?Any help is appreciated, I thank you in advance

chuckzootz
      Participant

in my church we have a video department and another department to make duplicate disks both CD and DVDs. you dont mention what computer you use to edit. some editing suites include a DVD menu tool. Also, i do videos for the Childrens Ministry at my church and upload the videos to E-zekiel.tv. a christian video site. and once uploaded i send a link to the people who want to see

the videos and only make one or two DVDs to give to the Ministry for their record. You might just talk to your pastor about putting your videos on the web and give the link out on your e-mail or Facebook.   

joeGross

I’m sorry i left that out.I have a compaq f700.what can i do do to edit

chuckzootz
      Participant

If you can connect your computer to the switcher, you can send the footage to the computer hard drive or use you editing software to capture the video feed, once you have the footage in computer just edit as you need to. most if not all editing suites have the ability to capture video from a camera via a USB or Firewire port, even entry level software, because they all have to be able to capture video from tape based cameras.

joeGross

Thank you,this a big help.do you have any
      Software recommendations?i was considering pinnacle

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Worship Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.