Please help! Panasonic Camcorder model playback issues

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

Our previous camcorder was a Panasonic HC-V500, which is what we used for all of our previous holiday recordings.

Unfortunately that camera broke, so we were never able to playback our holiday footage.

I wanted to connect the Camcorder to our TV using an HDMI cable, and be able to watch a continuous playback.

I am not interested in editing any scenes in detail, but I did want to delete some scenes and also shorten / cut some scenes before I done the TV playback.

Due to the camera breaking, we recently bought a Panasonic HC-V770.

However when I insert my memory card I to this camcorder and attempt to playback my previous recordings, I get an error message which says ‘Cannot play scene on this model’.

Do you know why this would be? Are there any ways of resolving it?

Alternatively I would considering returning the new Camcorder and purchasing one that does support Playback.

We do not have a Laptop or a Computer, so can not play back scenes using one of them.

Thank you!

Participant

You may be out of luck. Typically, memory cards can be played back in the camera in which they were formatted, and from a card reader. Many (most) cameras have problems if the card was formatted in a computer. Conversely, many (most) cameras cannot play back a card that was formatted in a different camera, even if it is the same model.

This isn’t always true so you might try playing the card in a different HC-V500, but you do run the risk of corrupting the information on the card.

Hello dj83, I am a new member so please regard my posting as very novice like and not written in stone . That’s my disclaimer out of the way.
      I am a big Panasonic fan and have several pieces of their stuff and with this in mind …… did you download the editing software that came with the 500 ? usually titled “HD Writer (code)” it is likely to still be available to download from the Pan Support site so long as you enter HC-V500 and the serial number which can be found on a label under the battery on the cam body. If so , it may be possible to open that software and connect the card via a card reader and download what is on it to the “HD Writer” folder on a pc . If you have formatted the card on the 770 …as JW above says. you may have mashed any info . When a card is formatted it is the indexing that is removed and the files may still remain but unavailable to us mortals but there are a few methods of retrieval. Recuva is one , search the net for the free version and if the files are irreplaceable and a heart breaker to lose there are a few data recovery companies around that might be able to get the stuff back but be prepared for a hefty bill.
      ps, always use a usb cable with an inline choke (small drum shaped thing) in the cable.

LTF

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap