Permission to use media question.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello, I’ll give a little back story to preface my question. On 10/31/2015 my church building was burned to the ground by an arsonist; it was a huge shock to everyone in the community, but long story short we are in the process of rebuilding and moving forward (if you want to know more check out our website at: http://www.ashlandsalembaptist.com/special-event-page-1.html) Now we are in the process of raising the rest of the money to build a new community center/house of worship and we are running a capital funds campaign. I am a member of the committee that is supposed to help raise the funds we need; We are working on a video to help tell the story, and we want to use photos & video footage of the fire to help tell the story. I know who to contact for most of what we want to use, but I can not find a simple release/permission form to have the content creators sign to protect our church when we use they’re material in our video. Does anyone know where I can find such a form? I would really prefer something free I can just modify a little bit, but if it costs a little I can just get permission to use some of the budget to purchase it. Thank you so much for your help, God bless.

Participant

A simple letter identifying yourself, referencing the media you wish to use, and describing how you’d like to use it and where and how it will be displayed, along with any compensation (or none) you are offering to the media owner should get you started. The owner can either add an endorsement to the bottom of that letter indicating they give permission, or they may choose to write their own letter stating exactly what permissions they are granting you. Best practice is to include a statement of all the ways you think you will be using their footage — for example, if you only ask for permission to use it as part of a video you will only show to community groups or in private screenings, you will NOT have permission to broadcast it over the Community Access TV channel. You can find a sample of a Materials Release at: https://www.videouniversity.com/articles/releases-for-use-in-film-and-video/ (and other release forms as well).
      Good Luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap