Performance Issue CS6 Premiere

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      GrantW
      Participant

Hey everyone, I’m having a performance issue with premiere cs6 and haven’t been able to find a solution via Google.

So the problem is terrible performance in cs6. I upgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalled everything. Went to render a few 10 minutes videos and they’re taking up to 10 hours. After upgrading to Windows 10 I lost Cuda support, so I manually added this back (GTX 560). I can’t even do real-time playback while I’m editing, which makes my projects near impossible to edit. I checked my preferences and have my memory set to only reserve 3 gigs of ram for other applications out side of Adobe.

On Windows 7 and cs5.5 I would have rendered these videos in 20 minutes tops. For reference, the ONLY editing done to these was audio syncing, which I did manually so no outside source and no video effects.

I attached a screen shot of my processes and the renderer in in the background (this is using encore, but it’s the same performance issue in both).

Thanks for any help.

I can’t attach an image, but basically I have 24 gigs of ram, and only 4 gigs are being used. My 1090T BE CPU is only using 30% of it’s total power.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN