Inactive

A video I made about annoying people on facebook

Mac
      Participant

Wowwwwww Great try keep it up 

Mac

Brian
      Participant

Really funny stuff – keep working on it!   Rather than hang back there on the wall, get up in the lens for comedic impact.  Learn to use the emotional component of different focal lengths.  Long lenses compress the action and are good for portraits, fight scenes, intimate dialog, etc.  Wide angle lenses exagerate movement.  Zoom all the way out and record yourself leaning into the lens… the exagerated motion is funny.  Lean way in on punch lines, ironic twists, etc to kick it up a notch.  

Solid editing and performance.  

chuckzootz
      Participant

Ehjoyed it lots, keep it up

Cville
      Participant

It entertained me and I watched the whole video.  Dialog was good. 

Lighting needs to be better.   Several clips face was really shadowed. Three point lighting would go a long way here.  Also a few clips were out of focus.  Was this shot with auto focus on? 

Keep shooting. 

Creekhouse
      Participant

The lighting was the biggest problem for me.  Content was good, graphics and cut-aways were pretty funny too.  The bouncing back and forth from left to right side of the screen was a little over used.  I agree that getting closer to the camera would have been better.  More distance between your background and yourself is a good idea to practice also.  Shows more depth to your shot.

A more interesting background of something generic but blurred out (shallow DOF) would be better.  A white closet door is not so great.  Keep shooting, your doing great!

Jon

http://www.creekhouseproductions.com

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN