PENTAX/CANON

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I am currently using a Pentax K10 DSLR with the choice of 2 lenses the 18-55 and 50-200 zoom. I have used it mainly for arial photography in the anti shake mode and i love it. I would now like to do some video tutorials of the machinery i work with and I have been advised the best way to achieve this is with a DSLR with the video function and ideally with a jack plug socket for an external microphone. I have been told the idea camera is the Canon 5D Mark II but I am thinking if I buy a Pentax DSLR body only I can then use my existing lenses. Having checked the Pentax range specifications there appears to be 3 in the range that have the external microphone socket, the K-2s, K-5 and K-3
      Can anyone give me advice on how they compare to the Canon 5D Mark II. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have posted the above thread on two other SLR camera forums and the general consensus is that i need to buy a video camera and an external light source. Can anyone recommend the type of cameras the would be good for this type of work.

Regards mindy

paulears
      Participant

I too use Pentax through choice – and if you need another camera body, I’d buy another Pentax without any doubt. However – their audio recording (and Canon’s to be fair) is quite limited. For tutorials a proper external mic connected to a zoom or similar would be my preference, then sync up the audio in the edit. A lav into the zoom would be my preference.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Open Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN