Panasonic HX-WA30 vs Canon Legria HFR506

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello! New guy on the block. I'd heard this was the best place to go for straight advice on video cameras, so here it is.

I've been vlogging for a bit now and wanted to get off my Nokia Lumia 925 smartphone and into something a little more…videoy (is that a word). I went into Hong Kong this week and narrowed my choice based off my preferences and price to two choices; the Panasonic HX-WA30 and the Canon Legria HFR506.

Both seem to have the same light sensor, although the Panasonic seems to be more durable, perhaps a bit more "selfie" shot friendly, but the Canon has the better zoom of the two. What do you think? What is the better choice? I've looked at all the specs and I'm just not sure…

Participant

Anyone? A little help please?

So I'm going to be taking video out in the streets of Hong Kong for my weekly YouTube channel (Shameless plug: http://www.youtube.com/snarkywhiteguy) and I want to get away from shooting on my cell phone. I've been shopping for a few weeks now and narrowed my choices to two cameras based on my budget and availability in Hong Kong:

1). Panasonic HX-WA30 – this is a pistol grip style camera that would work well in wet conditions, ease of use, and portability.

2). Canon Legria HF R506 – This is more of a traditional-style camera but (seems) to offer more options, possibly has better image stabilization, and records at a higher speed. But it isn't has easy to get "selfie" shots; something I do a lot in my travels and in my videos for my YouTube channel.

What do you think between these two? What are the pros and cons. Price is about the same.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap