Panasonic HC-V770K ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello

I have read a good review of the HC-V770K camcorder at

The Best Video Camera

I am looking for a camcorder to record classical grand piano using a separate Zoom H2 audio recorder.

anyone used this camcorder?

Cheers

Geoff

Go ahead, Geoff!

I have this camcorder and it works perfectly for this. I do videos of classical music concert and it´s very good. The limitation is the manual focus and iris control, that´s not easy to access on the middle of a concert.

Peter

Participant

DSLRs are often viewed as the solution to everything, but all the things normal people want – like smooth zooms that stay in focus, and nice sound are sadly lacking.

The first camera (I have an older model) produces quite nice pictures on auto, as long as the illumination is sufficient. Dim lighting makes the autofocus hunt which looks horrible. On a tripod you can get nice steady pics.

However – as said, on all these kinds of camera, the zoom isn’t very responsive. Personally, if you want decent looking videos, two identical cheaper cameras is a better investment that one clever one for recording concerts, because you have something to edit!

I assume you mean 2 camcorders?

Any suggestions for camcorders which have a really smooth zoom?

and don’t cost the earth!

Cheers

Geoff

Apologies for the very late response – I seem to have lost track of this forum …

I tried the sony FDR-AX53 the other day, on a tripod, and the zoom was very jerky.

I then tried the Lunix GH4 DSLR, again on a tripod, which does not have the 30 minute video limit which all other DSLRs have in the UK.

But! When I zoomed the camera did not keep the picture in focus!

I guess a camcorder is best but which one for say less than £2000 ?

Cheers

Geoff

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap