Panasonic HC-V770 playback – sound issues

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

We recently purchased a Panasonic HC-V770 camcorder, and recorded our holiday.

When I watch the recordings back on the camcorder’ s screen, and listen to it with headphones plugged into the camcorder, everything runs smoothly.

However when I connect the camcorder to my TV using the supplied USB cable, the sound does not play back smoothly.

The video footage within each file starts slightly before the sound starts. So you see movement before hearing sound.

When the sound does kick in, it often starts with a crackle or a static noise.

What would cause this?

Does the memory card used make any difference?

We previously had a Panasonic camcorder that did not have these issues, and the whole video played back smoothly.

Equally the overall quality of the sound is much better when listening to the camcorder via headphones, compared to the quality when it’s plugged into the TV.

Is there a way that the sound can be played back through my Sound bar? Our TV is constantly connected to the Sound bar without issue, however the Camcorder sound was not picked up by the Sound bar. We had to connect it directly to the TV.

It is a good quality TV, so I wouldn’t have thought that would be the issue.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Danny.

We have noticed that a tiny section of sound from the end of ‘scene 1’, moves to the start of ‘scene 2’, before it switches to the correct sound file for scene 2.

It is not a smooth switch between the two files.

Participant

Did your camera come with software? The Sony NX5U, for example, comes with software that seamlessly stitches together the clips, avoiding any disruption in the playback. The camera is downloaded through the software which creates a continuous .mp4 file.

Participant

Hi If you look in to your TV menu you should find that there is an adjustment possible to change the synchronization between sound and video. If the sound is OK in headphones from your camcorder it has been recorded properly. The delay is in your TV. Read the TV user manual.

Participant

Hi Danny, there are a number of things that can cause the un synchronized sound. Sometimes it is the buffer on the TV, sometimes it’s the limit of what can be transferred ‘live’ via USB 2. Here’s what I would do. First I’d take the SD card out of the camera and plug it directly into the tv. If the sound is still unsync’d it could be the TV buffer size (processor speed) or the size of the file. To check the TV I suggest checking if there is a software upgrade first. If not, try taking your camera, SD card and USB cable to a Panasonic TV dealer and try it out with their newest TV’s. If it works then it is your TV. But it worked before right? Your new camera is capable of much larger files so, short of buying a new TV, you may wish to experiment with the various file size and type options. The first thing I would do is compare 4K to HD. You didn’t mention if you recorded on your best setting but if you did record on 4K that signal is twice as large as HD. If HD doesn’t work, try SD. However, if HD doesn’t work I would suspect file type incompatibility. Your new camera may be producing a file type that your TV doesn’t understand. Check your manufacturer. If that is the case, or HD works but not 4K, the next step, to use your current TV, is to convert your new video files to a size and file format your TV can handle.

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
    homicide-bootstrap