Ordro HDV-V88 Editing for Youtube

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My first post! Hello! Word of warning, I'm a huge newb.

I come to you in search of help of course.

I'm having trouble editing my videos without losing a huge amount of quality.

I have been using Windows Movie Maker for the most part but only because I cant get premiere or vegas to recognize my video files and the only conversions programs I've used to convert it – WMM and AVC – reduce the quality so much it defeats the purpose for the most part since I do very little actual editing.

My question is basically – How can I convert my videos to a file type I can use with better editors than WMM without losing lots of quality?

Information that might be relevant is below.

Camcorder – Ordro HDV-V88 (its for nightvision)

OS – Windows 7 Home Premium

Video files come off the camera as .avi

I'm a huge newb, sorry.

Participant

The web site for the camera says that the video format is actually H.264 (AVI).

What version of QuickTime player do you have installed on your computer?

What version and build of Vegas are you using?

Mike

Participant

Well youre going to hate me but I didnt have QuickTime at all…sorry. I now have the free quicktime, not pro.

As for Vegas its the most recent trail version. Vegas Pro 12.0.

I also tried VLC and the conversion from it looks just as low quality as WMM's conversions. I've tried turning up the settings to no avail.

Please advise me Mike!

Participant

It would help a lot if I could have a small file to to test on my machine running Vegas Pro. If you can upload a short clip (5 or 10 sec. is enough) to a file sharing site such as Dropbox and give me the link, I'll be happy to play with it and see what I can find out.

If you don't already have a site such as Dropbox, use the following link and we both get an additional 500 MB. of free storage.

https://db.tt/rYE74u2

Mike

Participant

I do have a 10 second clip hosted at – http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9906e24a

Sorry for not getting you the free 500 MB, I have never used Dropbox before.

Thank you for your time and your help so far!

Participant

You had another site so no worries about Dropbox. I downloaded the file and was able to import it into Pro 10 on my hime machine with no problems. I don't have Pro 12 on it as I'm still on XP here until I get a new machine. What might make a difference is that my version of QuickTime Player is 7.6.8 so it's not the newest one. I keep a copy of it on my Dropbox account for times such as this. Uninstall the version you have, download and install this version and let me know if it works for you. Good luck.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20488019/quicktimeplayer768.exe

Mike

Participant

Hello again! I tried your suggestion and it helped, thanks so much! I also downloaded a 64 bit version of FFDSHOW and I think that helped too.

I really appreciate you taking the time to assist me, thanks again!

Participant

Glad to hear that you got it working. If the older version of QT player didn't do the trick, FFDShow was going to be my next suggestion but you beat me to it πŸ™‚

Mike

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap