Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Deal and Scam Alert › on the lookout for bad reviews
- February 25, 2015 at 8:56 AM #85060Jackson WongMember
This article points to a scheme to keep an eye out for. (scroll down) Certainly applies to more than just photographers.
The steps (from article update Feb. 23.):
1. Phishing 2. Online reputation management spam 3. Threat.
Colleagues have reported getting the threat first without the set-up, so the scam works like this: 1. Threat of bad reviews 2. Bad fake reviews show up 3. Pay to have them removed.
- January 6, 2016 at 8:35 AM #213270haringMember
Wow, this is not fun at all. What can we do when something like this happens to us?
- October 6, 2017 at 4:18 AM #216259
- October 6, 2017 at 4:18 AM #216260
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.