NV-GS400 Still a decent choice?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jsterlini
      Participant

Greetings, I have a couple of these that we occasionally use. I would like to get away from tape, but image quality is still my focus. Also low light is a concern. I understand these are dinosaurs now, but are they still decent or would I be better off selling and getting a good HD? Suggestions?

brunerww

Hi – to answer your question, here's a side-by-side of the NV-GS400 against an old (2012-era) Panasonic HC-X900 (please watch at 1080p):

By today's standards, the 1080p X900 is a low resolution camera.  The newest Panasonic and Sony camcorders have 4 times the resolution of the X900 (please watch at your monitor's highest resolution): 

If budget permits, you might want to seriously consider upgrading to a modern camera.  A Sony AX33 kit is a little less than $1100.

Hope this is helpful and good luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN