Noobie question on IPS resolution

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      sciss

Hi there,

I’m new to this forum (I hope I picked the right one). I’m an artist working with digital media, and while I’m quite tech savvy, I have not much knowledge about particular video technologies.

I am looking for miniature displays that can drive full HD coming from a Raspberry Pi via HDMI, and so I found this thing called IPS field monitor. At first I was happy seeing that from 7″ on, you get affordable screens with 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution. E.g. Aputure Vs-2 – https://www.amazon.com/Aputure-VS-2FineHD-VS-2-Monitor-Black/dp/B01C77ZRHE/

That selling pitch on Amazon says

> one of the best of 7” field monitor in the market. It packs 2.3 million pixels in its 7 inch display area – twice as many pixels as that of a 1280 x 800 resolution screen.

Now… Looking at the official specs here – http://www.aputure.com/V-Screen-VS-2-Spec

> Resolution: 1,024*600 display, supports up to 1,920*1,080 input

It seems it’s all one big lie, reminds me actually of the bullshit talk with audio amplifiers which are announced with totally fictional power specs.

So – is this a thing with all these devices (Bestview S7, LILLIPUT Q5 (much more expensive), Feelworld FW760 etc.)? Are are all of them bullshitting about the actual LCD native resolution? Or is there a device that actually maps 1920 x 1080 digital pixels to 1920 x 1080 actual LCD pixels? Which one?

Thanks!

.h.h.

sciss

Ok, so after more research, I found the discrepancy is because of old vs. new model. The new model VS-2 FineHD seems to have 2.3 mio actual pixels with 323ppi.

So the question then is if anyone can recommend one model over the other. For my application I don’t need spectral analysis and all that stuff, but a simple dot-to-dot function with zero OSD.

– Neewer NW-760, 7″; 160 EUR; people say the software is shit
      – Bestview S7, 7″; 215 EUR
      – Lilliput A7, 7″; 310 EUR
      – Aputure VS-2 FineHD, 7″; 270 EUR
      – Aputure VS-1 FineHD, 7″; 200 EUR
      – Feelworld FW760, 7″; 200 EUR
      – Feelworld F7, 7″; 240 EUR

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘DSLR’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN