Noisy footage on Capture

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have the Sony HVR-V1U and have had these cameras since 2009 I purchased them new. I took a break from using them for a year and am capturing from tapes I filmed on a couple years ago. If I hook the HDMI cable directly up to the TV there is very little noticible noise/grain. If I capture the video through the BlackMagic Intensity using the HDMI set at its highest quality setting there is alot of noticible noise.

It is the same if I capture it through the DV/HDV with the firewire cable. I don't ever recall having problems with this. I have changed the cables reconfigured my computer arrangment so that I only have the computer, monitor, external drive plugged in.

I do not have anything else besides the essentials plugged into the powerstrip and turn on near the computer. I am using a late 2008 MacPro with a RAID 0 setup on 3 drives. 

What else can cause this I am using Adobe Preimere Pro CS6 I have also tried the iMovie and BlackMagic Capture software with the same effect. 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Videomaker’s 2020 holiday gift guide

When it comes to holiday gifting for people who are deeply involved in a niche or hobby, it's challenging to decide which ideas are worthwhile. If the hobby has become an actual gig that they invest in, it can be daunting. This is true with videographers as much as anything, but we're here to help. You might want to find a gift that is exactly what they need to round out their gear, or something a little more fun. Either way, we've got you covered.
homicide-bootstrap