Noisy footage on Capture

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have the Sony HVR-V1U and have had these cameras since 2009 I purchased them new. I took a break from using them for a year and am capturing from tapes I filmed on a couple years ago. If I hook the HDMI cable directly up to the TV there is very little noticible noise/grain. If I capture the video through the BlackMagic Intensity using the HDMI set at its highest quality setting there is alot of noticible noise.

It is the same if I capture it through the DV/HDV with the firewire cable. I don't ever recall having problems with this. I have changed the cables reconfigured my computer arrangment so that I only have the computer, monitor, external drive plugged in.

I do not have anything else besides the essentials plugged into the powerstrip and turn on near the computer. I am using a late 2008 MacPro with a RAID 0 setup on 3 drives. 

What else can cause this I am using Adobe Preimere Pro CS6 I have also tried the iMovie and BlackMagic Capture software with the same effect. 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap