Noise Reduction

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

do you know how to reduce the noise from a video in FCP X?

I tried different solutions: The neat plugin – the result was not good

i downloaded the trial version of the denoiser II from Red Giant but it seems that it doesn't work in FC version 10.0.7.

Any solutions?

What about other softwares such as Davinci Resolve or After Effects? Do they provide noise reduction effects?

Any suggestion is appreciated…

Thanks
      PaoloG

Participant

Adobe audio Soundbooth may be worth a try.  You don't mention what kind of noise you want to reduce.  I would also explore more options in FCP.  I know Adobe Premiere Pro hs some pretty good audio tools.  I would expect something similar in FCP.  Good luck!

Sorry,

I meant video noise, not audio….. 

I know how to reduce audio noise… i am an audio editor.

I am struggling though with video noise and as i said i tried different solutions with little or no benefits.

Thanks

PaoloG

Participant

Without knowing exactly what you're experiencing, it's difficult to say.  Is there an "Effects" pallette in FCP X?  I would start there and look for "Video Effects" and then start experimenting.  In Adobe Premiere CS5, there's an "Noise & Grain" folder that you can choose a number of fixes.  I'm wondering if FCP has something very similar?

Hi

nope. FC PRo X does not have any noise reduction effects…. This is why i was looking for some plug ins. I wasn't able to find any good one… or at least one that could help me in my project.

I will upload the file and show you what i mean

Thanks

PaoloG

Participant

If the neat video plug-in didn't work then you need to do a re-shoot. I use Neat Video for all of my videos that need noise reduction and there is literally no better program than that. If it can't fix your problem then you need to fix your shooting at the source because Neat is one hell of a powerful program!

Tyler

can you upload a sample of the footage you are trying to fix?

Here is the link to the video…

Let me know your opinions

PaoloG

Participant

Personally, I didn't see anything I would correct.  Given that it's a blog, you have a greater amount of leeway, than you would in other types of productions.

Your artistic preferences may dictate otherwise.  I would investigate some of FCP X's plug-ins to achieve what you hope to accomplish.  Good luck!

Thanks

with plug ins i wasn't lucky. They also take forever to render. Which i hate

Hinestly watching it now on my laptop i can barely see it. The other day when i posted i was working on my 27" screen at full resolution and that's why i was so upset about it.

I guess i have to avoid it in the shooting. That video was done with an Iphone and therefore there are very few controls: focus and exposure. Now that i just bought a DLSR i can spend more time tweaking it to avoid (hopefully) the noise in the recording

Thanks guys

PaoloG

Participant

If you have After Effects, they have some noise reduction filters that work pretty well.  It doesn't make it perfect, but definitely helps.

But I agree with Ed.  I don't see any problems with your video, so I think you're okay on this one.  Sometimes we are harder on our own work than we need to be and perhaps see things that others would never notice.

Jon

http://www.creekhouseproductions.com

Thanks

i guess sometimes i am a little bit too difficult when it comes to judging my owm work… Glad to hear that you don't see any big issues with my video…

Also sometimes i forget that i shot them on my Iphone 5 and not on a very expensive camera.

My biggest challenge right now is lighting. The softboxes that i use to light the talent are pretty cheap and not very powerful…

Could you recommend some good softboxes a little more professional?

Right now i am using these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PhotoSEL-LS21E52-Professional-Lighting-Softboxes/dp/B002I3VCGS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1364037660&sr=1-1

Thanks

PaoloG

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap