No Monopod or Stedicam

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am videoing a cousins wedding by myself with a 2 camera set up 1 DSLR and 1 4k HD Video camera. I want to produce a good quality wedding video but only have access to two tripods. Everything I read says Steadicam and Monopod. Any experienced wedding videographers have advice for someone who just has tripods?

Participant

Tripods are enough. They will work fine for the ceremony; you’ll undoubtedly be fairly well back in the venue and you definitely need the stability and comfort of a tripod. For the rest, most of what you’ll shoot will be hand held, with lots of people around you and unless you’re a very experienced Steadicam operator you’ll find this rig more of a liability than an asset. A monopod would be a definite plus. Call around to rental houses and see if you can have one for the weekend. But if you can’t find one, hand held should work fine. Just be sure your image stabilizer in the camera is turned on.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap