No Gimbal – Motion Tracking/ Real Time Pan/Crop

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear No Gimbal – Motion Tracking/ Real Time Pan/Crop

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi All,

I've seen some cool concepts and techniques discussed on this forum related to automated action capture platforms like solshot and some others.

I have been working on a vision based video tracking appliction prototype which can track subjects or activity with a wide angle or 360 degree cam, in real-time. At a wide angle, we capture at  a higher resolution than needed for the finished product and crop/pan in software centering the subject. With 360, we can track a target infinitely around the point of capture. The feed can be processed in realtime so you could potentially throw the output up on a live screen. By inline processing this way we can eliminate a gimbal altogether. 

Here is a demo of a static camera capturing boxing activity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2wzOp3x0_k&feature=youtu.be This is a prototype, so the motion action is not that smooth, but it proves the concept in that it successfully ignored the distractions around the center of action. It was captured on a 7dmarkii at 1080p/30fps, and the output was 854×480. 

There is no product yet, but I need to understand who would be the potential users of something like this.

Can anyone advise me on some use cases for something like this? 

I thought for vdeo pro's capturing at events, you could place a second cam with this app at the impossible angle, and then move around with your primary.

Thanks!

motiontrack.me

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap