No audio on exported video track using external mike

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound No audio on exported video track using external mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello, folks! I'm new here, but have been reading for a while! πŸ™‚ I was hoping one of you geniuses may be able to help. I just got a Canon XA20 and a Rode NTG-2 and the audio works perfectly in-camera and sounds fine, but when I export it to Windows, it appears to have no audio. If, however, I drop it into a video editor (I'm using Vegas), it has a mono track, but still can't be heard.

Any ideas what I'm doing? I thought maybe the XLR export settings because the native audio is perfect. It's only once the handle goes on and a mike is added that the audio doesn't work. Believe it or not, Mr Google has no answer.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefullly accepted! πŸ™‚ Woohoo, my first post!

JackWolcott
      Participant

Search the Sony Editor's Forum regarding the lack of audio. I've never had problems using mp4 files in Vegas Pro but others on the forum have.

As for the audio coming in on a mono track, I suspect that you don't have the audio block on the camera set up to record two channels.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases β€” 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.