Nikon D7100 or D600?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Nikon announced the D7100 yesterday, which is their new top of the line DX-format camera. With all things considered (price/quality of body, kit, lenses..etc), What would you go with? D7100 or D600?

Jordan – I'm a video guy, so based on the relatively moire-free video performance of the Toshiba sensor in the D5200:

Compare that with the moire-prone D600:

Unless you're really in love with full frame shallow depth of field, I would go with the Toshiba sensor in the D7100. The $1197 D7100's price is $800 less than the $1997 D600, it has a headphone jack like the D600, and its weatherproofed body quality is just as good.  A pretty good value for money, in my view.

Good luck with your decision!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Inactive

That's more than likely what I will go with. I have a D3200 now, and that way I can keep my lenses and just upgrade the body. 

Participant

[quote=jclaverie]

Nikon announced the D7100 yesterday, which is their new top of the line DX-format camera. With all things considered (price/quality of body, kit, lenses..etc), What would you go with? D7100 or D600?

[/quote]

I have read some reviews and they say both are nice…but since all the photographers I am following are CANON users, I would choose CANON.l.

————-

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap