Newbie question re software

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi

I’m about to start out – quite excited :).
      I expect to be using a Nikon D750 for video and Zoom H4n Pro for sound.

Does Corel Videostudio X9 have all the tools I will need?

I looked at the manual and didn’t see reference to being able to record digital video and audio separately and then sync them.

Thanks for your advice and comments.

David K (Melbourne.au)

palladini971palladini971
      Participant

Yes you can do this with NLE Video Editing Program and the fix is easy. You have seen how they shoot TV shows and Films, they use a Clapper Board. They stand in front of the Camera and within a few feet of the Microphone and slam a hinged slat down on board edge, which makes a spike in the Audio Signal, that can be seen on the Timeline of the NLE as a Line in the Audio. Now you do not need a Clapboard, you can simply Clap. while standing in front your Camera and with Zoom recorder close enough to hear the clap. Experiment on where the Zoom has to be to get a good spike. Once you have that and have you Video & Audio files on the computer, simply put both files on the Timeline and line up the clap with the Audio spike and your rolling.
      https://www.videomaker.com/article/c4/15106-sync-sound-how-to-work-with-pocket-audio-recorders

Hi DKinston,
      Yes that software would work but I recommend magix movie edit pro if your just starting out as it’s easier and more intuitive to use.
      Here’s a review I made – https://magixmovieeditpro.online/

palladini971palladini971
      Participant

I do not think an link to advertised site should be allowed here on the forum.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap