Newbie question on batch editing of frames

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve got a video which is political map of a territory changing over time. I want to repaint an area of the map (a country) with different color. If it was still image, I would use ‘Magic Wand + Paint Bucket’ in Photoshop. If it was 20 still images, I would write an action and call it 20 times. But how do I apply this change to hunders/thousands of frames? Is there a smart way to do what I want and not repaint single frames?
      Thanks!

rs170a
      Participant

As long as the map is stationary, I’d create a still of the desired country and lay that over top of the existing video. Feather the edges to help it blend in better. If you need this one to change colours over time, most NLEs can do that for you.

Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.