New to this AMAZING Field!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Greetings to everyone who invest of their time & talent, helping those exploring this fascinating profession. I hope someone might read this introduction & offer me some sound advice…

I was a top salesperson for many years in real estate & financial services, and one of the most significant methodologies I used to surpass my peers, was specific campaign marketing, utilizing Photoshop & InDesign (a little Illustrator… but I can’t draw a “stick-man”), for static/print media in a variety of ways, i.e. sales & advertising – communicating ideas in exciting, dynamic ways… I loved the creation process & got serious kudos for my designs & the income my efforts produced. I just bashed my way through the software, figuring out how to create the things I wanted to express on paper, never having any formal training of any kind… One very big surprise to me was how much I enjoyed the Adobe suite of tools & finding ways to bring an idea to life in print… It became a passion, an obsession, I loved it! I’m 52 years old & with the nightmare in the real estate/financial world over the last several years, I chose to step out of the financial services arena & felt that I’d like to pursue this graphic design field. In my exploration of the various related fields, I discovered the explosion in video communication, on the net & in the mobile communication areas especially, with the projected growth in those sectors surpassing any other by so much it’s a joke… & a no-brainer, that this is THE area to devote my most serious consideration. But creating in video, telling a concise, exciting story, it’s a whole new ballgame, it’s going to be a journey…

My fiance is a psychologist/coach & she was exploring her options to create a video blog & perhaps design a web-based coaching/seminar/training type of platform. At the same time, I found a new network marketing company called Talk Fusion who’s entire thrust is in innovative ways to utilize video in communication, both personal & professional… I’ve found my home; I love the network marketing business model. To have found a way to combine my years of sales & marketing experience with the visual creation process is exactly what I was praying for…

It is my way to jump into something head first & this has been no exception. I made a moderate investment in DSLR equipment & I am learning, but the area I need some help with is on the computer build I am currently working on, I need some help figuring out some issues with my GPU’s & the dual 4k monitors I’d like to utilize… I know it is more than I need at this stage of the game, but i figure there is no reason to to build something disposable, I might as well build something that I can learn & grow with for at least the next couple of years…

Is there anyone here I could ask some questions about my video editing build as it specifically relates to my graphics cards & monitor considerations? If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated, I am on fire to move in this new direction… Thank you for your help, this web site ROCKS!

Participant

If you post your questions, someone will answer. I’ve built several PCs including my current editing workstation, but a good deal of my knowledge had to be updated with each build. Searching on Google was a big help, finding sites like Tom’s Hardware. Editing machines share a lot in common with high end gaming machines (GPUs, beefy processors, lots of RAM) so that’s a good place to start looking.

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap