New Music Video with StoryLine/Narrative

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have had a few people watch and pick up completely on teh storyline and some say they didn't see any storyline at all. Others have articulated a storyline that I didn't anticipate (lol) So perhaps I have truly done a lousy job.. By now, I'm confused! Not that I can't re-shoot, but it just seems too wide a disparity on whether or not "MY" storyline is present.
      At this point, if someone SAW a story/narrative that wasn't what I had envisioned, I could rest easy.
      Would love your feedback.

I used Nikon 5100 DSLR with the "standard" 18-55 lens, Sony Vegas for editing/rendering and a few effects other than basic blending/cutting/splicing.

If it sucks, tell me… I plan to at least use these in a portfolio to get accepted in a videography production program. (It might be ok for it to suck, if the school thinks they can HELP me improve by taking their program…???)
      Thanks, in advance.http://youtu.be/C06WIGAoZzs
      FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE ME

Participant

I would'nt say "Sucks". I would say its aggressive to the point of being visually confusing. I was watching the edit and didn't pic up on the storyline visually. I wasn't really listening to the words the whole time either. 

At times I thought I was picking up on a Christian message but got distracted from that by the aggressiveness of the edit. I saw a few very creative elements in camera work and editing but it was fast paced for me and I couldn't visually follow. Style is subjective and maybe your target audience is a bit faster paced than I am but I couldn't stay with it. I also thought the tempo of the edit fluctuated and didn't stay with the music and that kind of threw me off a bit in spots.

Participant

I might be showing my age but I have to agree with Woody on this.  Visually I thought there were some really good moments.  But I am not sure about the story line.  I got the impression that it was about being confused but I'm not sure where it was going.  I paused it and backed up a few times but I guess I didn't get it.  I may not be your target audience. 

But I would encourage you to keep shooting and editing.  What did come thru was talent with potential. 

Good luck with the video production program

Participant

Well let me first say THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WATCH N COMMMENT.  I am glad that both of you saw creativity. I am trying to re-think the editing a bit to bring out the story line more.. there is quite a bit of footage that i didnt use, but now I can go back and more selectively look to utilize for a better rendition.  

I want to try to, I guess, "slow down" the edits and be less aggressive, rather have a slower editing style with a full storyline presented. Not sure how to work on that though. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap