New LED Light Doesn’t Fit on Camera

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bs2511feist

Hello,

I recently bought an LED light to attach to my sony camcorder where the microphone usually goes because I was tired of holding up phone lights when trying to shoot music videos.

My camera is an hxr-mc50u, and here is the link to the light that I ordered for it:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/819606-REG/Sunpak_VL_LED_96_VL_LED_96_Compact_Video_Light.html

So the problem is that the light seems like it is supposed to be screwed onto the mount, but my camera has the standard mount that one would normally attach the microphone to.

Does anyone know of some sort of cheap converter that I could buy that will allow me to attach this light to my camera?

Please let me know, thank you. -Ben

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can’t help with the question you asked, but here’s a workaround: Don’t mount the light on your camera–that’s about the worst place for it. You have a nice camera; you can dramatically improve the quality of your shots by setting up two or three-point lighting. There are tutorials on Videomaker. You can buy an inexpensive set of fluorescent softboxes for under $200 that will give you a very professional look.

Kevin Mc

I agree with Laguna, but if run-and-gun is your style of shooting, you’ll want the light on the camera. Contact B&H and ask them. I swear – there is an adapter out there for almost anything.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.